Movie Details of Namak Halaal
Music: Bappi Lahiri
Lyrics: Anjaan, Prakash Mehra
Director: Prakash Mehra
Around the time that the Kishore Kumar-Rajesh Khanna combination was churning out hits, the singer’s voice was also an integral factor in another actor’s rise to superstardom, Amitabh Bachchan. While every Prakash Mehra-Bachchan film in the post-Zanjeer era featured some great Kishore songs, Namak Halaal to me was the best in the series. Bappi Lahiri’s soundtrack was an incredibly energetic one and aside of Kishore, also featured two ace renditions by Asha Bhonsle in the genre Lahiri was most associated with, disco.
Best Song of Namak Halaal: Co-written by Anjaan and the movie’s director Prakash Mehra, Pag Ghunghroo Baandh had the composer produce a classical flavoured composition in a humorous setting. With some help from Pt. Satya Narayan Mishra (who reportedly sang the complicated bit of the sargam segment), Kishore Kumar delivered one of his most memorable songs for Bachchan.
The Namak Halaal Playlist:
- Aaj Rapat Jaayen To (Singers: Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle)
- Jawani Jaaneman (Singer: Asha Bhosle)
- Pag Ghungroo Bandh (Singers: Kishore Kumar, Pt. Satynarayan Mishra)
- Raat Baaki Baat Baaki (Singers: Bappi Lahiri, Asha Bhosle)
- Thodi Si Ho Pee Li Hai (Singer: Kishore Kumar)