Amazon has announced the launch of Prime Video Channels in India. The new offering enables users to watch content from different video streaming services on a single destination – Prime Video website and app. Prime Video Channels simplifies the video streaming experience by allowing Prime members to use their existing login credentials to access a wide library of content from different OTT services from within Prime Video. Users can simply take add-on subscriptions for different services and begin streaming their content without leaving Prime Video. Prime Video Channels also makes it easier for users to track and manage multiple subscriptions on a single page. Additionally, users can enjoy a unified search experience and get personalized recommendations from across the subscribed channels, all without ever having to leave Prime Video. The feature eliminates the need to download multiple apps, remember different usernames and passwords, and track multiple subscriptions, making Prime Video the go-to destination for entertainment in India.
In India, Prime Video Channels has launched with 8 popular content providers, including Discovery+, Lionsgate Play, Docubay, Eros Now, MUBI, Hoichoi, Manorama Max, and Shorts TV, that offer around 10,000 titles across movies, shows, genres and languages. With this, Prime members can enjoy the new channels and their popular titles like The Father, Byomkesh, Star vs Food, Haathi Mere Saathi alongside customer favourite Amazon Originals like Shershaah, Mirzapur, Paatal Lok, The Family Man and The Tomorrow War, without having to toggle from app to app.
Key benefits of Prime Video Channels for Prime members include:
- No hassle login & billing: Customers can use their Prime membership details to login to Prime Video and start subscribing to different channels. They will no longer have to juggle between multiple usernames, passwords and billing due dates. With Prime Video Channels, all premium content subscriptions are managed within a single destination – Prime Video apps and website.
- More time watching, less time deciding: Customers won’t have to spend time toggling between their favourite services to discover what’s new and popular. With Prime Video Channels customers can search for their favourite across all their premium subscriptions and get personalized recommendations.
- Enjoy your favorite features, no matter which service: Customers can enjoy IMDb’s X-Ray feature and a single consolidated watch list and download library for offline viewing.
- More Choice: With the launch of Prime Video Channels, close to 10,000 additional titles across 8 OTT services become available to Prime members.
- Introductory Pricing: At launch, Prime Video Channels’ partners are offering discounts ranging from 20 – 50% on subscriptions as an introductory offer.
Prime members will be able to subscribe to Prime Video Channels offering programming in local Indian languages such as Bengali with Hoichoi and Malayalam with Manorama Max, and a selection of award-winning documentaries and short films from Docubay and Shorts TV respectively. Consumers can enjoy blockbuster and quality cinema from Lionsgate, MUBI and Eros Now, across languages and genre, while Discovery+ adds an array of Wildlife, Adventure, Science, Food, Lifestyle content.