Movie details of Baazigar
Music: Anu Malik
Music in Abbas-Mustan movies of late tend to be hit or miss – the latest one (Machine) belonged quite conclusively to the latter category – but there was a time when their movie soundtracks used to be consistently engaging, specifically from early 90s until the beginning of the 2000s. Most of those works happened with composer Anu Malik; and Baazigar, where the long partnership began, remains one of their biggest successes, quite deservingly so.
As it turned out with multiple of Anu Malik’s songs over time, instances of inspiration surfaced around a couple of tracks from this movie too, but that does not take away from the fact that Baazigar’s soundtrack was a solid entertainer.
Best Song Of Baazigar: Baazigar O Baazigar, sung by Kumar Sanu & Alka Yagnik, written by Nawab Arzoo. Love the use of violins here, albeit in a very 90s way.
The Baazigar Playlist:
- Baazigar O Baazigar (Singers: Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik | Lyrics: Nawab Arzoo)
- Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhein (Singers: Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik | Lyrics: Dev Kohli)
- Kitabein Bahut Si (Singers: Asha Bhosle and Vinod Rathod | Lyrics: Zafar Gorakhpuri)
- Chhupana Bhi Nahi Aata (Singer: Vinod Rathod | Lyrics: Rani Malik)
- Samajh Kar Chand Jis Ko (Singers: Alka Yagnik and Vinod Rathod | Lyrics: Zameer Kazmi)
- Ae Mere Humsafar (Singer: Alka Yagnik and Vinod Rathod | Lyrics: Gauhar Kanpuri)
- Tere Chehre Pe (Singers: Kumar Sanu and Anuradha Paudwal | Lyrics: Rani Malik)
Listen to the entire album of Baazigar here:
(With contributions from Praveen VR, co-founder of musicaloud.com)