Movie Details of Anjaana Anjaani
Director: Siddharth Anand
In an interview earlier this year, Pritam said that current mainstream Bollywood sound was shaped by Vishal-Shekhar, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and him. The mainstream sound we associate with the first names there – Vishal-Shekhar – possibly had its peak in 2010. The composers had three back to back soundtracks (I Hate Luv Storys, Anjaana Anjaani, Break Ke Baad) that year, all entertainingly youthful and frothy in a manner characteristic of the duo.
Anjaana Anjaani to me rates the best among the three – sure, it had a couple of songs that reminded of their older works, but the way they packaged even those songs here was top notch. And the album will always find a place in my list of pick-me-up soundtracks.
Best Song of Anjaana Anjaani: Despite all the feel good songs in the soundtrack, my favourite from the album is the melancholic Tujhe Bhula Diya, sung by Mohit Chauhan, Shruti Pathak & Shekhar Ravjiani, written by Kumaar & Vishal Dadlani. For the song’s structure primarily – the way the haunting melody explodes into those brief qawwali portions – and for some fabulous singing.
The Anjaana Anjaani Playlist:
- Anjaana Anjaani Ki Kahani (Lyrics: Neelash Misra | Singers: Nikhil D’Souza and Monali Thakur)
- Hairat (Lyrics: Vishal Dadlani | Singer: Lucky Ali)
- Aas Paas Khuda (Lyrics: Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani | Singer: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan)
- Tumse Hi Tumse (Lyrics: Amitabh Bhattacharya and Anvita Dutt Guptan | Singers: Shekhar Ravjiani and Caralisa Monteiro)
- Tujhe Bhula Diya (Lyrics: Kumaar and Vishal Dadlani | Singers: Mohit Chauhan, Shekhar Ravjiani and Shruti Pathak)
- I Feel Good (Lyrics: Vishal Dadlani | Singers: Vishal Dadlani and Shilpa Rao)
- Anjaana Anjaani (Lyrics: Kausar Munir | Singers: Vishal Dadalni and Shilpa Rao)
- Tujhe Bhula Diya (Remix – Kumaar, Vishal Dadlani Dance To Forget Mix | Singers: Mohit Chauhan, Shekhar Ravjiani, Shruti Pathak and Abhijit Vaghani)
- Aas Paas Khuda (Unplugged) (Singers: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Shruti Pathak)
Listen to Tujhe Bhula Diya from Anjaana Anjaani:
(With contributions by Praveen VR, co-founder of musicaloud.com)