Film Companion is Now Hiring:
Film Companion (FC) is looking for an audience engagement editor who will be responsible for planning and leading headline and packaging decisions on FC’s platforms-including mobile and desktop, website and social -to inform, engage and delight our readers/ viewers.
The candidate must employ superb news judgment and knowledge of audience data in their decisions. They demonstrate sharp writing and strong editing skills. They can spot the most interesting and useful elements of an idea, article, podcast, or video, and then tailor the right pitch across headlines and various social platforms. These roles require knowledge and experience with Google’s search algorithm, speed and proficiency with digital publishing tools.
Experience with product testing including A/B testing and information architecture as well as a strong background in what has worked well for content reach in digital media publishing companies is essential.
The successful candidate will be adept at reviewing our current practices and recommending changes, helping to implement changes and then working with our editors to spread new practices.
- Exercises superb judgment in packaging and presenting articles/posts.
- Demonstrates excellence in editing copy and in digital headline writing.
- Creating call to action statements, headlines.
- Understands how to think differently about various pieces of content (Review, Interview, Features, etc)
- Recognizes Film Companions core digital audience and its needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with new audiences and has experience in growth initiatives.
- Familiar with FC’s brand, content offering and various digital/print platforms.
- Familiarity with site analytics tools — Google and other search algorithms as well as site hygiene, url practices, tagging, web crawling, AMP pages and mobile and web optimization is a plus.
- Familiarity with the strengths of different types of media, e.g., text, graphics, share text and captions in packaging decisions.
- Experience with product testing including A/B testing.
- Comfort with audience data to inform strategy decisions, adjusting as needed.
- Possesses deep knowledge of digital and social-media strategies and publishing tools.
- An understanding of paywalled content and how Google indexes it to be able to optimize the content and snippet experience.