Film Companion is Now Hiring:
Position Type: Full Time
FC is looking for an enthusiastic individual within the Digital media industry, especially focused on entertainment, with a proven track record to drive sales and work closely with marketing, editorial, tech and community teams to build solutions and sell them efficiently.
- Ownership of the targets, possess an entrepreneurial attitude that drives market understanding and grow the company through aggressive networking, selling and alignment of customer needs and internal expertise to bring about innovation and opportunity.
- Ability to convert existing deals into long term contracts with innovative Online and Offline Solutions.
- Work closely with the Editorial, Marketing, Tech and Community teams to build solutions and sell them efficiently
- Generate business from all the properties that can be monetized on the platform
- To drive sales and ensure business targets are achieved
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- The Head of Sales will utilize analytics tools in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to senior sales management.
- Understanding, optimising and packaging our ads and content inventory.
- Focusing around branded content in the form of both articles and videos.
- Creating a very aggressive outreach program that will pitch our network to advertisers, brands, agencies and intermediaries for direct sales.
- Managing weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and reporting metrics appropriately.
- Analysing and reporting program performance, providing results and recommendations for improvement and new programs.
- Contact existing clients to arrange the placement and design of advertisements they have agreed on and ensure an ongoing relationship
- Research client needs and explain the benefits of buying advertising space, responding to any objections
- Explain and negotiate pricing costs to potential clients
- Work with production teams to ensure that agreed advertisements are carried in the right place and at the right time
- Track purchases and keep record of sales, contacts and deals
- Work to maximise sales and meet targets
- Deliver sales reports to management
- You have at least 3 years experience in Digital Ad Sales.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- You are well versed with digital in terms of social, web content, videos, etc.
- You are excellent with numbers and possess good Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Find new opportunities for programmatic revenue in video and display advertising
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners across varying teams.